The above picture is from the live Nerdist at the SF Sketchfest. Looking back I get what Dan Harmon was doing but he just carried it on a bit beyond the point where it gets old. I know he was doing a bit but it seemed odd to make fun or your hosts. Well beyond the first hour. The second hour he did it really wore think. You can check out the episode on the Harmontown podcast.http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/5-confessions-alcoholic-mars/id542228532?i=119473506&mt=2″
In my effort to put more philosophy into my podcast I decided to head to my favorite self-help book “The Nerdist Way.” It seems weird to start with the last topic in the book but I feel this is a great way to transition into various philosophical discussions. This week’s homework assignment is for one minuet a day you are not allowed to hate on yourself. The goal is to create a happier person. When you are happier you attract all sorts of positive things.
The book is currently selling for $15.99 on Amazon. If you are interested in a copy, I have extra. I even have a few signed copies. Contact me if you are interested.
Song of the Week
Adam’s pick: Get It On, by Chase
Around the Pods
- Alison Rosen is your new best friend: Pete Holmes. http://alisonrosen.com/2012/08/ariynbf-128-with-pete-holmes-and-michael-rosas-live-from-nerdmelt/
- Nerdist had Joan Rivers. http://www.nerdist.com/2012/08/nerdist-podcast-joan-rivers/
- Nerdist Hostful:
- Mission Log covered the first real Star Trek episode “The Man Trap” I really like this podcast. http://www.nerdist.com/podcast/mission-log-a-roddenberry-star-trek-podcast/
- Harmontown had a very accurate summary of what went on during the SF Sketchfest as far as Dan Harmon. According to Chris the reason why he hasn’t released the episode was Dan Harmon’s problems (Chubby Chase, being fired from Community). It is Harmontown #5 Confessions: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/harmontown/id542228532#
- Larry Miller is still out. Go subscribe to his podcast for awesome stories and clean comedy. My life has been out of sorts since he has been away. I am glad he continues to improve. I wait patiently for new episodes. http://www.adamcarolla.com/LMBlog/
Recommendation of the Week
Five Guys Burger’s and Fries Review/Song
Remember do not give up what you want most for what you want now! Thank you so much for listening!
More podcasty goodness: http://dihard.info
If you like the show please rate it on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dihard-podcast/id505711992?mt=2
Support the podcast by supporting Nerdist Industries! http://support.dihard.info
Opening music “Get it on” under the direction of Brian Cardanay 2008 URI Marching Band. The closing song is “Do it anyway” unreased song by Ben Folds Five. Download the song here!